Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Escitalopram

(2 Posts)
tryhard Sat 07-May-16 16:21:28

Anyone got any experience of it? I've been prescribed 5mg for anxiety & panic attacks. I've tried Sertraline, which made me feel much better but gave me a terrible tummy, and Fluoxetine, which just made my anxiety worse. I've read it kicks in more quickly than others in terms of side effects?

user1473348504 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:22:31

I have been on Citalopram since last March. I started out on 10MG and it has worked great. I did have headaches and loss of appetite, but other than that, it has worked greatly. I have taken it for about 6 months, and I recently upped it to 20MG after taking a very stressful job. I have taking that for about a month. It is working and I still do not have a lot of appetite, and I am sleepy and tired a lot, but other than that, I have had no other problems, as for now. I have some days where my anxiety kicks in, but it is under control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now