Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

fluoxetine after a week suddenly really anxious

(3 Posts)
ithinkitstimeforanamechange Sun 24-Apr-16 19:55:36

I changed from sertraline to fluoxetine last Monday and this evening I feel really incredibly anxious. All I seem to be able to do is lie in bed, fine tonight but an issue tomorrow as I have 6 children to look after /take to school.

I actually felt pretty good last week, a bit happier and fewer thoughts of self harm etc but these thoughts have increased again tonight.

I am just wondering if other people had such an up and down experience of fluoxetine. With the other tablets it was a slow improvement rather than feeling great then hitting hitting a low so quickly.

Orchidflower1 Tue 26-Apr-16 19:58:06

Hi I had fluoxetine for 9 days and had to stop as so so anxious and sicky. I'm four days off it and although it's lots better I'm still worse than before. I know loads of people say stick with - which you should until you have spoken to your doc but it may be worth a chat with the gp. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

StewardsEnquiry Tue 26-Apr-16 20:06:24

Yes fluoxetine made me incredibly anxious to begin with. It passes, in a week or two. Just ride it out if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now