Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just want to sleep

(5 Posts)
Grumpyoldmomma Fri 22-Apr-16 11:24:44

I've suffered on and off with depression and anxiety for many years. I've recently started 100mg Sertraline and I do feel it is helping a little. But the trouble is, all I want to do is be on my own, go to bed and sleep. I take my DC to school and then go back to bed. Setting alarm so I can pick them up. I know I am wasting my life but I really just don't have the energy to change. Don't even know why I am posting on here. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same I guess. confused

Raia Fri 22-Apr-16 11:35:40

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful Grumpyoldmomma brew cake

AFAIK it's normal to feel like that when you are depressed, anxious and/or extremely stressed. It's just so draining, especially if you're having to keep going and appearing normal for your DCs. I hope the medication helps to lift your mood, how long have you been taking it? Talk to your GP when you next go if you don't feel any better. What can I say, it's a rotten place to be and I hope you start to feel better soon.

scribbles1980 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:47:35

I was very much like this a while ago. How long have you been on the ads?

I have been taking mine for just over 2 weeks. I felt just like you for the first two weeks but am slowly feeling better.
My doctor said it could be a side affect of starting on the tablets or the depression itself.
I think you will slowly begin to feel better but be kind to yourself for now.flowers

scribbles1980 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:48:38

Side effect

user1460551377 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:53:15

One of the main side effects of setraline is feeling sleepy so I would say it's maybe not the one for you. You may feel less doe but it's not working for you if you're this tired. From personal experience I had to try several meds before I got the right one. It's a hideous process but worth it in the end....
I'm not sure why your on as much as 100mg......? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now