Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

DS having hallucinations

(4 Posts)
Mrsj70 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:33:36

DS 17 has been struggling with some low mood/anxiety for a while. Won't engage with any sort of talking therapy, is not on any medication. Found out last night he's been having hallucinations, but only happened a couple of times. Got a GP appointment booked for Wednesday but I'm really worried.

elephantoverthehill Sat 16-Apr-16 19:40:18

My Ds sort of went through this and my only advice is to keep calm but be strong with 'seeing little green men'. If your DS has friends the advice I was given by CAHMS was to encourage my DS to keep seeing them and engaging with them. It did help eventually. flowers

Mrsj70 Sat 16-Apr-16 20:00:57

Thanks elephant. He's gone to stay at a friends tonight, I'm glad that was a good decision!

elephantoverthehill Sat 16-Apr-16 20:20:24

Mrsj70 I hope that was a good decision, I was just passing on the advice I was given. I think my DS's problems were down to using illegal highs and smoking weed. I was at the end of my tether. I do hope the GP can point you and DS in the right direction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now