Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What happens if you stop going to appointments?

(4 Posts)
newnameoldstart Fri 15-Apr-16 17:54:21

Just wondering my gp has wanted to see me every two weeks but what would happen if I just didn't go , and didn't want anymore treatment.

I'm just wondering really would they chase me it would I be just left alone?

I don't know if I want to stop going yet but I also don't want to get in any kind of bother!

captaincake Fri 15-Apr-16 18:15:59

IME they wouldn't even notice. I stopped going and continued to reorder diazepam online without even speaking to anyone for over 6 months before I started with a private dr and now have medication that is actually for my needs. Now I have stopped reordering that and they haven't noticed that I have 'disappeared'.

dangermouseisace Fri 15-Apr-16 18:47:00

They might leave you alone, or they might ring you up, depending on what had been going on.

If you don't want to go I'd make sure you cancel your appts though.

Why don't you want to go? There must be a reason that the GP wants to see you every 2 weeks as they don't do that without good reason.

picklepie1 Mon 18-Apr-16 00:18:20

I stopped going after my GP said he wanted to see me every two weeks. That was about 6 months ago and I haven't heard anything from them. Some GPs are really good though and will check up to make sure you're okaay. But I guess a lot of them have so many patients to deal with they just forget

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now