Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

OCD?

(2 Posts)
Edinburghmum2016 Thu 14-Apr-16 20:20:59

Hi,
I'm currently on AD which do seem to help, Without them i get health anxiety, thoughts that I have cancer or am going to drop down dead from an brain bleed constantly. I have been on them a year and thought I was ready to come off them, but as O lowered the dose , everything came back again. Does anyone have to take AD for life?

I also suffer from perfectionism, which I'v mentioned to a therapist bt no one understands. I have to have the house spotless everyday or I feel really anxious. I also get obbsesions like all my families clothes have to be plain, no patterns and a certain number items. ie 3 t shirts, 2 trouser 1 jean. For everyone. I can't help it, I have to sort things all the time and am constantly throwing away things to live with as little as possible. Its like its a cleansing process. Its not OCD as I don't do it to ward off bad thoughts. I can't leave it (an odd coloured towel , or not right number plates) I will go into debt just to get it right

Anyone else suffer from this and have any idea what it is? and why?

Marchate Thu 14-Apr-16 21:25:32

I'm no expert but I have two relatives with OCD. They tell me it's not the obsessions, nor the compulsions, that are problematic per se. It's when they make it difficult to live a reasonably normal life. Then it's a disorder

Sounds like you do have obsessions though. Maybe linked to your health anxiety?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now