Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

When other people are so insensitive

(10 Posts)
MrsCK Sat 09-Apr-16 23:38:44

I wrote a massive post but deleted it.

Essence being...why are people so blasé about MH in every day conversation like it's something to laugh about....they don't know who is suffering and it's not a frigging competition! Try being where I am now...then try and boast about it.

Rant over. Sorry

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Apr-16 23:40:13

I got told recently that I must feel better as the weather was improving and there was more light!
WTF?!
Well if that was the solution how amazing!
People can be arses. But some of us aren't.

MrsCK Sat 09-Apr-16 23:42:08

I agree. Completely.

About the arse part not the weather.

Arsehats

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Apr-16 23:44:06

Complete hats of arse.
Now if the sun would shine of course I would instantly be happy and healthy! hmm
I have a theory. Everyone should have 30 seconds experience of depression and/or anxiety. Then they'd know.
You ok Mrs. Need a hand?

FuckyNell Sat 09-Apr-16 23:46:44

Uh oh. I work in a pharmacy so am used to seeing all different types of illness. I am guilty of using the summer months as a brightening tool! Sorry blush

MrsCK Sat 09-Apr-16 23:51:17

I've had a very testing evening where stuff I haven't thought or felt in a while has come surging back. I'm using skills I've been taught in therapy to control stuff at the moment but....well it's not easy is it?

Perhaps I was born into a world where it just storms all the frigging time!!

MrsCK Sat 09-Apr-16 23:51:39

I'm never going to be the person I want to be sad

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Apr-16 23:55:10

No it's not easy. I've suffered a bit of a loss (no one close) and things have been bloody hard.
But next week I will exercise and this month I WILL eat better and I will focus on getting better.
Don't wait for the storm to pass. Go dance in the rain. (Can't remember the exact phrase!)
Falling asleep now but will check in tomorrow.
Oh yes the lack of sleep. Something else that's shit about MH problems.
Grrrrrr!!!!!

MrsCK Sat 09-Apr-16 23:56:44

Exercise sounds good actually smile

Baconyum Sat 09-Apr-16 23:58:30

"Everyone should have 30 seconds experience of depression and/or anxiety. Then they'd know. "

Preferably 30 days!

I have ocd I'm so sick of 'I'm so ocd' and 'if you have ocd this will annoy you' memes on fb! Not the same AT ALL! No escape even when asleep completely exhausting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now