Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram and propranolol

(9 Posts)
nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 19:19:26

Just been prescribed these 2. Does anyone have any experiences?

My anxiety has gone crazy and I can't get a grip on it.

Redglitter Thu 07-Apr-16 19:24:06

I'm on high dosages of both. The first few days were hard going but persevere it's worth it

Shesinfashion Thu 07-Apr-16 19:27:39

I take 40mg of citrapram and take propranolol 10/20mg when required. For a while I was also drinking too much which I think cancelled out the calming and mood lifting effects of the medications. Now I've given up alcohol I'm finding they are really helping.

nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 19:28:15

Thanks Red. Is there anything in particular I should warn DP he might be need to look out for?

nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 19:28:30

Thanks Red. Is there anything in particular I should warn DP he might be need to look out for?

nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 19:29:05

Shesinfashion I was wondering about whether it's ok to have alcohol on them

Finchley26 Thu 07-Apr-16 20:18:36

I used to take 20 mg Citalopram and 120 of Propranolol.

Propranolol can cause wheezing. It was good for the physical side effects of anxiety (racing heart, trembling). It also lowers your blood pressure so watch this if you have low blood pressure.

Citalopram did nothing for me but I also experienced no side effects with it.

Good luck!

nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 20:37:48

I do have low blood pressure and I did notice that in the leaflet. I'll have to give them a go, I can't carry on like this.

nailsathome Fri 08-Apr-16 19:08:05

I'm feeling very strange. I know the anxiety is still there but I can actually breathe for the first time in years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now