Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Have you written a note / some points for your doctor?

(5 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Wed 06-Apr-16 10:36:42

I just came back from another appointment where I said I was "fine" I'm really not. I have no idea why I do this. She offered to up he dose of my medication but I actually said "no I'm totally fine" wtf?!

She wants to see me in two weeks again. I have some serious issues I NEED help with and I'm thinking maybe if I wrote down just one or two bullet points. I'm not talking a big long letter the appointment is only ten minutes but just like

- tics
- lists
- family history
- intrusive thoughts

So that at least she knows if not high else that I'm really not ok!

Has anyone done his can you tell me how t actually went did the doctor actually read the lost. Did it help?

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 06-Apr-16 10:37:18

Oh and the HV is coming next week I'm wondering if I should do the same here as she was here two weeks ago and of course I said I was fine hmm

scribbles1980 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:19:19

I think writing everything down is a great idea.
I was actually going to do this at my appointment this week but the doctor just needed to look at me to see that I wasn't ok.
Just something like I told you I was fine but I'm really not.
My doctor kind of saw I wasn't ok and didn't really ask too much.
It was just a case of "ok let's get you better".
I think this is good thing to do & you should go back.as soon as you can.
Good luck

Finchley26 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:31:51

I think this is a great idea too. One other thing you may want to do is to give some specific examples if you feel up to it. Nothing big - maybe just like:

-Anxiety
* trembling whilst taking to cashier at supermarket
* avoided friends wedding due to fear over the number of unknown people.

Good luck with your appointment.

Marchate Wed 06-Apr-16 12:41:52

Yes, do that. It really helps. And tell the GP you've brought the note, as you generally go home without saying what you wanted to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now