Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is this shaking normal.

(4 Posts)
eosmum Mon 04-Apr-16 08:35:17

I was hit around four years ago with terrible anxiety, never suffered before just suddenly came on. I have been on citalopram for the past two years, was on lexapro (in ireland so not sure if the names are the same) before that. I have constantly shaking hands and arms. GP is not worried, I thought it was from the ADs but I was nearly weaned off them and unfortunatley had to go back on them, but the shaking was there all the time. Anyone else have this? TIA

dangermouseisace Mon 04-Apr-16 10:34:29

sorry I've got no direct experience but my ex husband's hands shake all the time and have done for years. He doesn't have anxiety etc (smokes and drinks coffee though) but it was so bad I didn't like him cutting the kids nails! There was nothing wrong with him that led to that…regular work health checks etc and again dr not worried.

Does it get better/worse at certain times? E.g. does anything trigger it?

eosmum Mon 04-Apr-16 11:10:33

Thanks dangermouseisace, it's constantly there. I can feel it in my whole upper body. I get DH to cut the kids nails, but Ds notices it when I'm reading him a story as the book shakes.

dangermouseisace Mon 04-Apr-16 20:16:24

doesn't sounds like it's caused by something else then…e.g. anxiety/caffiene! It sounds pretty had though if the book shakes! Did your GP give you any explanation at all as to why it happens other than just saying that it was nothing to worry about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now