Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I've accepted there will be no more children ...

(3 Posts)
FamilyComplete Sun 03-Apr-16 16:27:32

But how do I move forward?

Please be gentle with me, I am very blessed and grateful to have 2 brilliant DC age 9 and 7, but I have always wanted more, I've always felt there was someone missing, hard to explain but last year we faced reality that we are done, we finally closed the door and got off the 6 year roller coaster of practically trying everything we could to increase our family, it's the right decision for us.

But here I am feeling blah even though I have no reason to. I have a brilliant DH, DC, family, home, friends and ok pt job. I am fit and healthy, I work out, I eat well, pretty social, go on nice holidays but emotionally, inside I feel a bit wobbly.

I'm not looking for advise in how to increase my family, I've accepted we're done, but more on how to move forward, fill that gap when you know your child bearing/rearing days are over. Hope that makes sense, any words of wisdom and experience would be very welcome, thank you.

HolgerDanske Sun 03-Apr-16 16:36:08

The gap fills itself as life moves on, and suddenly one day you realise that actually, it wasn't the be all and end all. It's about finding other sides to yourself rather than looking at childbirth and having small children as making up the majority of your identity.

flowers

SoThatHappened Sun 03-Apr-16 20:08:06

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I am unlikely to ever be a mother at all. Or even a wife.

Enjoy your life OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now