Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Im a fucking mess

(6 Posts)
Bellatrixurstrange Thu 31-Mar-16 12:35:11

I am on antidepressants but low dose and I feel shit. I can't work coz I'm so ill. I never tel the doctor the truth becuz I don't think he cares or believes me. I used to be a really successful marketing manager with a strong team under me and now I'm nothing. I worry all the time thinking something disastrous is going to happen. I have no friends becuz I've isolated myself from them - after awhile everyone stops calling anyway . I'm trying to pull myself together and do more around the house with a Bullet Journal and pacing myself but I just feel like a shadow. I love my DS's lots and try and keep up the facade for them but inside I'm so fucking tired and miserable and I hate myself. I'm my own worst enemy and beat myself up all the time. I keep thinking a routine will beat the depression eventually but I don't think it will. Just asking for a handhold I guess.

Bellatrixurstrange Thu 31-Mar-16 14:37:29

bump

Marchate Thu 31-Mar-16 17:54:11

Can you see another doc?

Do you have a partner, or family nearby? Could you contact some 'lapsed' friends & ask them to go for a coffee?

Please take care

Bellatrixurstrange Thu 31-Mar-16 19:35:43

I think I need to see another doc and be very blunt about how I feel but I can't do that with the boys off on school holidays. I'm so ashamed I don't want the children to know how I feel. Bad day maybe I dunno I don't even want to see anyone I'm so down

Wolfiefan Thu 31-Mar-16 19:38:25

Why should you feel ashamed? You are ill. That is NOTHING to be ashamed of.
Seeing another GP sounds good. I used to make a list of what I wanted to say in case words failed me when I went in.
Have they suggested upping the meds or any CBT?

Bellatrixurstrange Fri 01-Apr-16 12:29:16

No nothing like that suggested - I never see the same GP twice as there's always an illness or change of rota. So I always have to spend awhile explaining myself. With my ds around I can't go to drs as they will hear me and they don't need that. Not much reason to go to GP if nothing comes off it like the last six visits. I just want to be a better person than this - happier, fitter, worthier but just the basics like housework and shopping and parenting adequately are so draining. Just wish I knew what to do to pull myself out of this and function like everyone manages to. I might change GP's and go with a list of things and see if I'm listened to more. I don't think my meds are strong enough either.I do have crippling PMS which doesn't help. I'm always just recovering from a period or having one and it's murder. GAH!! I never thought adulthood would be so monotonous and shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now