Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

BPD/EUPD causing OCD

(3 Posts)
coily Thu 24-Mar-16 18:54:52

Anyone have this? I think I do. I'm not entirely sure if that's what my psychiatrist was trying to imply because they didn't give a yes or no answer to me asking if they're saying I have OCD

They also didn't say I have BPD directly but said I have traits. I wish I'd asked for a yes or no answer to that but I was too scared to hear what they think really

So I remain with a diagnosis of depression I can be sure of, that got a straight answer...

And I think they may have been implying I have BPD causing the OCD

I fit the symptoms for OCD, but it doesn't seem to be organic - more like Iv "learned" to become obsessive-compulsive

I'm a bit confused right now.

exWifebeginsat40 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:03:38

I have diagnosed BPD. I've always had intrusive thoughts, I mean since I was little, mostly around dying.

at the moment I'm on a housework thing. my flat is spotless. I'm also in the middle of a med change so I know it won't last.

I dunno I guess it can all be quite fluid. I got my BPD diagnosis after my life spectacularly collapsed with me as the star of the show. it's not pretty, and I hope your doctor can put your mind at rest.

coily Thu 24-Mar-16 19:21:27

Mines about preventing harm to a baby

Lots of obsessions I have to do to try and prevent the harm confused

It's intrusive but I have compulsions to do/not do things as well because of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now