Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help me work this out please

(4 Posts)
charley30 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:26:35

iv been battling ill health for a year now . Started off with hypothyroidism then developed depression and anxiety . Started on levothyroxine and Sertraline 50 which then was increased to 75mg . I'm not the same person I was before this all happened I find it hard getting through the simplest tasks . My main priority is my dd and trying to keep afloat for her . I don't go out much but had made a start on cbt for this . Iv tried to seek support from everywhere I can think off . As I want to get well . But feel I am ok for a few days then feel like I'm unable to cope again . All my bloods taken last week thyroid esp which can fluctuate and affect my mood were ok . Iron levels were 16 but ferritin was only 18 so think that's a bit low . As this is my iron stores . Iv had hormone profile test done in past which points to ? Menopause . With no offer of treatment for same . Im the day I got bloods done I developed a severe abcess on my tooth which will have to come out but I seriously need built up before that . I also have had a very heavy period for 7 days . I'm confused as to what is going on I would like to know what vitamins or diet I can take to build myself up . When do people know to increase sertraline . I have had a lot of crying spells this week and feel tired and confused a lot . In that I hAve to think about what I'm doing to get thru day . I want to be well please help . Doc did suggest increasing sertraline to 100 mg I dread the side effects tho xx

charley30 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:27:50

Just to add I completed amoxicillin course on Monday no pain in tooth at present but will still need it looked at .

auntieElle Mon 28-Mar-16 11:54:04

Hi, there is a really helpful Thyroid UK forum who can help you work this out. You can post your blood results and they'll comment.
healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk

charley30 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:34:30

Thanks so much x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now