Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

if there anyone to talk to?

(15 Posts)
VeganGoddess Sat 19-Mar-16 22:03:46

If so please message me, I am incredibly isolated and need someone to talk to

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 22:05:04

Hi op, I'm up if you want to talk?

Whycantweallgetalong Sat 19-Mar-16 22:08:19

Hi OP smile

VeganGoddess Sat 19-Mar-16 22:09:49

Hi thank you for replying. I'm having some crazy thoughts and just needed to talk. Feeling very alone and scared

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 22:28:11

You're not alone, we're here.

Look around & tell us, are you in a safe environment? Doors locked, iron off, windows shut? Anything in particular that is making you feel unsafe enough to be scared?

please PM me if you need to

howcanikeepdoingthis Sat 19-Mar-16 22:30:49

I'm listening too OP x

Icedgemsarerealfood Sat 19-Mar-16 22:31:53

Listening here. Just remember thoughts are real, they're not things X

Icedgemsarerealfood Sat 19-Mar-16 22:32:19

Aren't! They aren't real!!!

<knob>

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 22:34:45

icedgemsarerealfood grin

Hope you're doing okay OP, there's a little team of us here if you need us.

VeganGoddess Sat 19-Mar-16 22:37:45

I have made a mess of my life. I'm 30 in August and I have nothing. All I have ever wanted was to be loved, but no one has ever really wanted me. I don't think I am going to make it much longer.

Icedgemsarerealfood Sat 19-Mar-16 22:43:55

If you are feeling suicidal you need to call someone.

Please remember that things always seem so much worse in the dead of night when everything crumbles around you. You can make it through to the morning.

I don't know you OP but I'm willing to guess you're capable of being loved it just hasn't happened for you yet. 30 is nothing. You still have a whole life ahead of you.

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 22:47:36

Bit woo, but a woman I know went to see & held the hand of a girl she knew who had committed suicide, before the funeral. She told her "if you had known how much you were loved, you never would have done this".

She saw a medium a few years later & the medium held her hand & said "she wants to tell you that you were right. If she had known how much she was loved, she would never have done it".

That story always sticks in my mind now. You may not think you are loved, but I bet my house that you are.

foreverandalways Sat 19-Mar-16 22:56:50

Hey.....I only feel safe in my bed at the moment.....won't answer the front door....haven't been out for a week now.....I have a husband but my health is a concern and is restricting me from loving the life that I and we had which has caused extreme mental health issues....i feel extremely lonely, isolated, lost, afraid of closing my eyes to sleep because of the nightmares and dread waking up because I am in constant crippling pain with my spine....it's been a few years now and I am facing more major spinal surgery again very soon....but listen.....there is someone out there for you...please don't give up...I tried in October.....certainly thought very differently afterwards....I feel a constant burden, a nuisance etc etc...blah, blah, blah.......day in, day out....not able to do a lot with my health.....unable to make plans.....I am so very sad.........

You will start to feel better...just sit and breathe, deep breath in and concentrate on the breath as it goes in and out.....mindfulness.....will definitely help you, google it......adult colouring books are an absolute godsend....I have also started crafting....quilling, card making etc...I am currently needle felting Easter eggs! They are awesome.....I am decorating them with ribbon and embroidery also...it has certainly helped me to focus on something instead of what I have been worrying about.....not feeling so down and sad......

Give it a try...PLEASE!! Here if you want to talk.....even in the night....I hardly sleep.....I know the dead of night is unbearable at times, possibly always......try to read...anything, something...then just sit and close your eyes and just rest...you are probably exhausted aswell....you also need to talk with your GP or practice nurse...it's very important that you have help and support...please talk about it....big hug X

Marchate Sat 19-Mar-16 23:47:55

We're going to help you make it for much, much longer x

Has something specific happened to make you feel so down? Or have things in general been building up till you find it hard to cope? Have you called the Samaritans?

Take care

SupSlick Sun 20-Mar-16 16:09:34

Hi op, anything planned for today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now