Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

is it just me?

(2 Posts)
Mummy2squish Wed 16-Mar-16 14:12:37

Hold on it's a long one: I've always been a worrier, particularly around my health, I have IBS and Lichen sclerosis and in the past have had a thyroid and b12 deficiency.

I'm currently TTC but my cycles are shot to pieces and I'm constantly experiencing random pregnancy pains or ovulation pains and can't help worrying something more sinister is going on.

On top of this my lichen sclerosis causes architectural changes to my lady bits meaning that in some cases sufferers can't even dtd (mine isn't that bad yet but there are changes happening)

So I'm currently battling with the fear that:
1. I'm not going to be able to conceive because my cycles are so messed up
2. I'm not going to be able to dtd because everything is changing down there so it's not going to even be possible which inevitable means my husband will leave me.
3. Something more sinister is going on with my health which is stressing me out

I've seen a doc above to my symptoms they've referred me for an abdo ultrasound but they don't think it's anything serious and dismiss my cycles as coming off the pill (6months ago) but I can't stop worrying.

Should I talk to someone about the worrying?

ProfessorPreciseaBug Thu 17-Mar-16 07:41:38

You have started to talk to someone by posting here. Withiut someone to talk to and giving you an outside perspective worrying about things is a self feeding viscious circle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now