Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Severe anxiety/ pregnant / medication or CBT

(2 Posts)
secretgirl Tue 15-Mar-16 08:42:12

Hi.
I desperately need advice on CBT for severe anxiety. Does it work??? I have suffered for 4 years with anxiety but obviously have been OK as I've been on medication, lexapro. I am now 2 months pregnant and off the tablets. The anxiety ha returned with a serious vengeance. I'm totally destroyed. Can't breathe can barely eat & am getting very weepy. I'm not keen on taking medication while pregnant though I haven't ruled it out. But I was thinking of giving CBT a go. Will it help fairly quickly or be a torturous long road?
TIA

outputgap Tue 15-Mar-16 08:48:36

CBT worked very quickly for me. From the 2nd session, i could see the logic of it, and about 6 weeks in I could see that it was really changing things. I finished at 8 weeks feeling like a new person. I was lucky enough to have a clinical psychologist doing mine, and I do think that contributed to its efficacy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now