Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

meds run out tomorrow but can't get an appointment

(10 Posts)
anxietyhell Sun 28-Feb-16 23:38:58

I was started on 50mg of sertraline 4 weeks ago and asked to come back after 2-3 weeks but have only managed to get an appointment for this Thursday but my medication runs out on Monday.
I told the receptionist this on Friday but she didn't seem bothered. They aren't working for me so i think I need an increase but don't want more side effects from not taking them for three days. Would the gp write a prescription without seeing me?

Octonought Sun 28-Feb-16 23:45:26

Probably. Phone tomorrow and ask to speak to the duty doctor. Good luck.

IDontWantToLookLikeYou Mon 29-Feb-16 00:10:16

I was in similar position to yourself OP, I just rang my surgery and requested a call back to talk to my GP. I then asked him to scribe a new script for me which was no problem at all. Call early and good luck.....

lorelei9 Mon 29-Feb-16 00:20:38

The receptionist wasn't bothered? Call again, they should do you a prescription.

anxietyhell Mon 29-Feb-16 10:35:52

My gp is very well known for being impossible to get an appointment. The receptionist just didn't even acknowledge the fact that i needed more medication even though she read out the notes made by the gp stating I needed to be seen in 2-3 weeks time (it's will be over 4 weeks on Thursday). X

sadie9 Mon 29-Feb-16 11:00:09

They usually can issue the prescription and you can just collect.

anxietyhell Mon 29-Feb-16 12:10:56

I've requested a call back so hopefully they'll be able to sort something out for me.

captaincake Mon 29-Feb-16 22:10:46

Did you have any luck today? There is no way they should leave you without medication they should easily be able to write you a prescription to cover you till after your appointment. If you haven't then 111 should be able to send you a prescription to a local pharmacy.

anxietyhell Tue 01-Mar-16 10:15:34

I managed to get a telephone appointment in the end and was given another prescription thankfully for a higher dose as well. Fingers crossed it'll start working soon.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Tue 01-Mar-16 21:23:31

If it doesn't start to work... get medical supervision and come off it then try another treatment...

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now