Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Finally realising who my dad was.

(2 Posts)
fuddle Sun 28-Feb-16 09:59:19

Although I have had information for along time I had to put the puzzle together on Friday. My mum would not tell me when I was growing up who my dad was. A year before she died she gave me a name which I suspect was wrong. I asked her for it. she died four years ago and four different members of my family who were around at the time have all given me the same story. My father died in 1984 but he has children and I have done nothing as what would getting in touch with them do ? I was the product of an affair which my mum then went and told his wife about! (how nice?). How do I move on from this. I was thinking of writing it down and putting it in an envelope, and moving on. Am thinking about going to hypnotherapist. When I spoke to my husband he listened but when I asked him how he would feel he said I was just turning it into a moral arguement.

AliceScarlett Sun 28-Feb-16 10:39:51

Hypnotherapy will unlikely be of help, expensive woo. I think talking to someone would be more beneficial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now