Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Big white wall

(12 Posts)
captaincake Sat 27-Feb-16 22:15:52

I was wondering if anyone has used this and has any feedback?

AliceScarlett Sun 28-Feb-16 08:33:53

The NHS suggest it. It is good, though I don't know why you wouldn't just use a free one.

HairSlide Sun 28-Feb-16 08:42:55

It looks good, but I couldn't afford that.

Are there free versions?

captaincake Sun 28-Feb-16 09:24:01

What free one Alice?

Blue2014 Sun 28-Feb-16 09:37:32

Was the idea that your doctors would " "prescribe" access to it for free? Don't know if that took off but I think professionals can try to request free access for their patients?i don't like that it's a paid for site either

squaretoes Sun 28-Feb-16 09:42:56

I was prescribed access from the mental health team in my area. I find it really helpful.

AliceScarlett Sun 28-Feb-16 10:01:40

Any! Psychcentral, psychforums, bodiesunderseige, depressionalliance

captaincake Sun 28-Feb-16 10:11:46

Those ones seem to more standard forums? This one has people online all the time and courses to do. I would have to pay. i am really trying to 'bridge the gap' between therapy sessions now I don't have a cpn.

NanaNina Sun 28-Feb-16 14:27:29

What is this big white wall - I've never heard of it?

captaincake Sun 28-Feb-16 18:51:23

It seems to have forums which have trained staff on 24/7, courses you can do, a homepage for you to track your mood/progress and you can do the assessments and lots of articles to read. I guess I could do it for a month and just not renew if I don't find it helpful. I wonder if it's more aimed at depression though which isn't really my problem.

NanaNina Sun 28-Feb-16 19:42:49

Please can someone tell me what is this white wall?

willowcatkin111 Mon 29-Feb-16 00:19:31

Nana search bigwhitewall - it is a forum but also they have wall guides on hand 24/7 who can 'talk' you through hard times. I have used it and find them really good. Some postcodes can access it for free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now