Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think I'm losing my mind...

(6 Posts)
Rowanhart Sat 27-Feb-16 20:40:04

I've a 3 year old and a one year old. I haven't had any post-partem problems.

Today I've been so angry I've smashed the conservatory door and thrown something at DH. This is totally out of character. My little girl smacked me in the mouth Yesterday and I smacked her back. It was instinctive. Didn't even think. I've never hit her before. She was very upset. So was I.

Over the past four months my periods have been really eratic. Very heavy-like turning on a tap all of a sudden. Soaking through super tampon and pad in less than an hour. Then I feel like world is caving in. Today I crouched on the floor and wept. I tied a shawl round my neck and pulled it tight and it stopped the despair.

Then stopped, like tap turns off. And I feel irrationally angry. Furious in fact. Furious at the phone ringing. Furious at the neighbor today knocking on to deliver a parcel.

Hubby told me to get a grip and I smashed the glass in my hand. Then ran into the street with no shoes on.

Then the bleeding started heavily again, and within an hour I was fine. All over. Back to normal

I've never had mental health problems although there are many
women in my family who have.

I've been having period problems and mood swings for past
Four months. Been to doctors three times. Did blood tests. Said nothing wrong. Went back and said that he'd told me there was nothing wrong.

Don't know what is going on. Awful.

alwaysalaughtobehad Sat 27-Feb-16 20:46:06

Oh no poor you that does sound awful. I don't really have any experience but I would write everything down then go back to the doctors asap. Good luck

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 27-Feb-16 20:50:22

Sounds horrific, OP.

You need to get back to the GP - see a different one of need be - you cannot continue this way flowers

Haggisfish Sat 27-Feb-16 20:58:07

Could be post partum thyroid issues. Def get a second opinion ASAP.

OnMyShoulders Sat 27-Feb-16 21:07:14

Could it be hideous PMT? I feel similarly when I have pmt. It's got worse since my last DC two years ago. I can actually feel when it's beginning now - it's like a heavy curtain coming down over me. I've been to the GP three times about it and each time they've suggested Fluoxetine (Prozac).

gamerchick Sat 27-Feb-16 21:15:07

It's hormonal go back to your Drs and tell them you want your periods sorted out. Sometimes contraception helps. Might be a bit hit or miss before finding the right one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now