Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Depression & Anxiety

(2 Posts)
JadeyWadey92 Thu 25-Feb-16 11:52:25

Looking for others to talk to really as my friends don't understand what i'm going through.
I have depression and anxeity, and have had this for years, but never been a problem, but last May i lost my baby and things got really bad. I saw one councillor who want that great so now i have CBT sessions with another.
I feel better in myself but I have had to quit my full time job due to how bad i have gotten.
I have days where i cant go out, and have panic attacks at just the thought of it, I also have low days where i will cry at anything, and half of the time, its not even sad!
There's obviously more that happens, but none of my friends have this and I have lost a lot due to the fact that they think i am been ignorant and refusing to go out, when in actual fact, its really hard for me to plan to meet them!
Would be great if I could find some mummy friends or just have others opinions on how they have been with their depression and anxiety cause i feel quite alone at the moment!! x

slicedfinger Thu 25-Feb-16 18:32:25

I did mine the other way round, and started CBT before counselling. I don't know if it made any difference, but for me the CBT was done in a group, and it helped me massively to know that lots of other normal people were struggling. That gave me the mental space to go into the counselling positively.

I'm probably not better enough to offer you any advice, but there are lots of us out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now