Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline - Advice needed please

(3 Posts)
crazygoat Tue 23-Feb-16 13:54:04

Hello!

I'm after a bit of guidance. I've been on Sertraline for a year now, although I am so much better than I was I still get very very down days for no apparent reason. The whole feeling worthless, why would my partner want to be with me feelings.

Originally my doctor said that I should only be on the medication for about a year but I am absolutely terrified to come of it.

Has anyone else been on Sertraline, how long were you on it, did you relapse?

Any advise or experiences would be great. Thanks

Talulaley Thu 25-Feb-16 03:32:44

I've been on Sertraline for about two years. I stayed at a low dose, increased it gradually. I still have days when I'm very down too. Last summer I thought things were improving and slowly came off it, but then felt really down and started taking it again. At the moment I'm back up to 150 mg daily, having been through a rough patch in the winter.

NanFlanders Thu 25-Feb-16 18:45:45

I was in it for 10 years and it really made me feel normal -possibly for the first time ever. It stopped working about 3 months ago unfortunately and I'm tapering down, waiting to go on venlafaxine :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now