Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

need help but afraid to ask

(4 Posts)
Laura280315 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:18:55

Hi all, I need some advice,
I have 2 10mo little boys who I love beyond words but I'm really struggling to cope, I feel so down about my body, my relationship with OH (one ds isn't sleeping so im exhausted and have no sex life at all) which makes body issues worse, we are moving next week and I feel so fed up, I'm scared to go to the doctors as I feel I've let everyone down but I'm home all week on my own. I can't go to toddler groups etc cause they wander of in different directions and everyone seems to judge me not keeping 100% attention on both at all times. A few friends of my partner have mentioned play dates which sound great but can't do anything till we have moved.

Would my health visitor help me barely seen one since first checks were done when boys were tiny

holeinmyheart Sat 06-Feb-16 21:41:11

Google ' Homestart' they are an organisation who help families with under fives. Also apply to your Hv as they will be a fund of information.

Thinking people will judge you at a Mother and Toddler group because your Dcs run in different directions is related to you being run down and lacking sleep.

We have all been there and you are not alone. Being deprived of sleep is not used as a torture technique for nothing. It makes you feel terrible and small problems that you usually can easily cope with, seem ridiculously large and out of proportion.
So try and nap with your children during the day. If you can get a babysitter that would be good. A change is as good as a rest.

Be kind and forgiving to yourself as what you are experiencing is one of the hardest times of your life. Try and relax!

Just focus on the fact that this phase will pass. Because it will. Hugs as you need them. X

tdm1 Sat 06-Feb-16 22:01:16

And check with TAMBA if there's a twins club near you - for support and understanding from other desperately tired mums of twins. I've been there and it's hard but it does get better.

Onlyonce Mon 08-Feb-16 23:06:02

I was really nervous about going to baby groups, I thought everyone would think I was doing everything wrong. But honestly it wasn't like that. There were lots of lovely people there. Getting out will be good for you too. I hope you can give it a try.

You are not letting anyone down by asking for help. Lots of people need help. It is nothing to feel bad about.

I hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now