Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anxiety through the roof

(4 Posts)
GingerNutRiskIt Thu 21-Jan-16 17:10:44

Started Sertraline just over 3 weeks ago for anxiety and depression. Felt like u was turning a corner after two weeks of taking them, now this week j feel like I'm slipping back down and for the last half hour my anxiety is through the roof like something bad is going to happen. I'm trying to relax but my jaw is claimed tightly shut and I'm ridiculously tense.
Ughhhh!!!! Why do I feel like this? wine

nowayjose1 Thu 21-Jan-16 17:55:41

Hi, when i started sertraline I felt the same. It can take a while for it to settle down. I felt like my anxiety was a million times worse and that i was going mad. Try and stick with it. If you are really struggling go back to the Dr and he will prescribe diazepam to help until side effects have settled down. It will get better I promise x

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 21-Jan-16 19:18:38

Thank you. I have to go back to the GP again on Tuesday. I think maybe it's because I've had a big day today. I went to a funeral and drove on a dual carriageway for the first time in about 4 weeks. It took me a while to even get in my car, so I was quite nervous about doing that today. And maybe the anxiety just caught up with me. I'm a little bit better now.

nowayjose1 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:55:50

Glad you are feeling better. Well done for driving on the dual carriage way. I suffered awful nerves with driving so now how it feels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now