Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do I know if my teen is recovering from depression?

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hopskip123 Tue 19-Jan-16 10:11:10

Can anyone share please? Doctor has suggested that my young teen is suffering from mild/moderate depression. For various reasons they have suggested we seek medicinal intervention (ie prescription andi ds). However we have now been able to introduce 3 other recommended mental health interventions and also 3 months of CBT starting soon.
So I'm wondering what the path to recovery will look like? How long might it take before I can feel certain that recovery is happening without the anti ds? Things are certainly better than 4 weeks ago but still has many bad days and still shows many of the symptoms that were concerning the doctor in the first place. Thanks

hopskip123 Tue 19-Jan-16 18:43:32

Small bump, any parents or professional who can help? Thanks

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Tue 19-Jan-16 18:49:15

Could you ask him / her how they're feeling? If that's a possibility hopefully it'll work. Otherwise you could get a copy of the 'quiz' I can't remember the name of and suggest it's done every few weeks to measure progress.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Jan-16 10:35:20

Hello OP
We've moved this to our MH section - hopefully there will be some more replies
Kindest to you both
MNHQ

Marchate Wed 20-Jan-16 11:04:03

Everyone has a different route to recovery. You can only observe and give help when it's needed/wanted

hopskip123 Wed 20-Jan-16 11:46:25

Thank you, I suppose my question is more like, how will I know if I need to intervene with anti ds, and how will I judge if she is recovering without

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now