Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

has anyone used the "Let's Talk" service?

(6 Posts)
RecycledJotta Mon 18-Jan-16 09:26:52

I have namechanged [to the closest thing to hand on my desk!] for this.

I was just trying to call the Let's Talk service but hung up before they answered. I don't know what I am going to say to them or how I can explain everything that I am going through.

I scored 21 on their depression questionnaire and 21 on their anxiety questionnaire which then pops up a message saying "this could mean you have severe anxiety/depression"

I know I do, I just don't know what to do about it and I feel very frightened.

RecycledJotta Mon 18-Jan-16 10:24:57

I am calling them back now.

fondationmaeght Fri 22-Jan-16 20:56:01

Did u get through? Were they nice?

Wolfiefan Fri 22-Jan-16 20:57:26

I have used them. I had CBT and they also offered me things like a reading list (books I could borrow from the library) and courses.
Perhaps write down bullet points before you call?

Owllady Fri 22-Jan-16 20:57:51

I think they all ring you first now, then you get a face to face
My counsellor was lovely, when I finally met her

Realitea Wed 27-Jan-16 16:25:39

I phoned mine, I didn't give myself the chance to think about it too much, just made sure I did it as soon as filling out the questionnaire. The doctor was so calming I felt a lot better just after talking with him for half an hour!
I've been prescribed books which I thought was brilliant and I'm now on a list waiting for CBT - over the phone. I think it's a great service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now