Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can finally say I feel well

(3 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:17:57

I have suffered with depression caused by pregnancy/PND & child abuse by foster parents. I was anorexic from age 13 & I am 45 now. I have been recovered from my eating disorder for a few years now. I am not in the UK & my Dr is the best & referred me to the top psychiatrist in the state. I have been on a combination of sertraline, Olanzapine & Clonazapam when needed. This has been the best combination for me.

I had 3 years of psychotherapy & can finally say I feel well. I will always be on meds to stay stable.
I have osteoporosis due to low bone density & have to have Prolia injections every 6 months.
I know what a dark horrible place depression is but wanted to let people know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

smileyforest Fri 15-Jan-16 13:43:17

Oh thts so good to hear Aqua. Dosent matter that you have to take meds, as long as you keep well and have a better life then brill! Depression is a dark place ....but there is always HOPE as you have proved. Take care x

Aquamarine70 Fri 15-Jan-16 14:05:15

Thanks Smileyforest. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now