Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Nightmare seems to have triggered anxiety issues

(7 Posts)
LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sun 10-Jan-16 13:45:03

I am normally a fairly robust and positive person.

Last week, I had a nightmare. An environmental - armageddon type thing involving my kids as adults

Since the I have been really teary and anxious, around them. But also every time I look at e.g. plastic film I'm about to bin, toys, waste and stuff generally. I am finding it hard to sleep, or to concentrate.

Has this happened to anyone else and did you manage to move past it?

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sun 10-Jan-16 20:46:45

Just me. sad

GladiatorsInSuits Sun 10-Jan-16 20:50:06

This happened to me! flowers I had a nightmare, woke up sweating and terrified, and took days to recover. What normally relaxes you? I found meditation, yoga (Adrienne on YouTube) sleep and cutting out alcohol for a while helped. Hope you feel better soon.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Sun 10-Jan-16 20:56:26

Oh thank you! Scandal fan?

It helps a lot to know it isn't just me and it didn't take toooo long to recover.

Baths relax me. Have been doing that.

Maybe I need the Head space app or something?

Honestly feel like I am having some form of breakdown. sad Mind won't stop running on awful , awful futures for them. This so isn't me.

GladiatorsInSuits Tue 12-Jan-16 10:59:19

Yup, I love Scandal!

How are you feeling now? I also really seriously curbed my TV/books etc, didn't watch or read anything (inc the news) that could make me worse.

LibrariesGaveUsP0wer Tue 12-Jan-16 14:13:14

Seem to be getting worse and worse sad

To the point I made an urgent, same day doctor appointment today. Same day. Urgent. Turned up and they say it is tomorrow.

GladiatorsInSuits Wed 13-Jan-16 07:29:15

Oh no! Good luck at the Dr today, hope they can help flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now