Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

pnd what next?

(6 Posts)
hazelisours Thu 07-Jan-16 16:14:44

I was diagnosed with pnd in June and am in therapy to help. Some days I think I'm starting to feel ok again then go 2 steps back.

In addition dh had a panic attack last week because of how fragile our relationship seems to be when I'm depressed. He went to the Drs for anxiety pills and sleeping tablets (he has some old issues which came to the surface when he thought it might be over between us).

If I go to the Drs (same one) and ask for ADs will it flag something? I don't want them to think DD is at risk. She's certainly not.

I want to get back to my old self. It's harder and taking longer than I expected. A stronger me will mean less anxious dh and a happier life for all 3 of us.

We both want to be together and we both love DD with everything we have. I just need to kick this pnd. I don't have a history of depression and don't know what to expect.

Thank you for reading my mixed up ramble! Please help!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 07-Jan-16 22:13:51

When I had PND, there was never any suggestion from any health proffessionals that my DD was at risk. Do what you need to do to get better, AD's might be the way forward for you. You will get better in time, although sometimes it won't feel like it flowers

hazelisours Fri 08-Jan-16 10:20:38

Thanks for the reassurance spongebob.
Does anyone know how long pnd takes to disappear if you don't go on ads? It's something I'm trying to avoid but I'm not sure why! Dd is now 16 months. I was diagnosed when she was 9 months.

hazelisours Fri 08-Jan-16 11:11:57

I'm starting to have thoughts about being in some kind of accident. Not life threatening but enough for me to be taken care of for a while. And rest. This isn't normal is it???

Loveleopardprint Fri 08-Jan-16 11:21:10

I think that is "normal" for pnd but I do think you should go to the gp and ask for help before you spiral down any more. Good luck.

Loveleopardprint Fri 08-Jan-16 11:21:51

Sorry badly put. Not normal to feel like that. Seek some help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now