Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm rubbish and can't cope

(1 Post)
charliesweb Mon 04-Jan-16 22:02:33

I've been on here before. Here's a bit of background: I suffer from anxiety and depression. I had a collapse/breakdown physically and mentally in June. With the help of Citralopram I recovered enough to be able to return to work in September after being off sick. I have 2 jobs which are in the same field. One is working in the public sector the other is s business I own with a friend which we set up just over a year ago.
Today I feel crap. I struggle with being a boss when things are difficult with staff. At the moment we have a situation with a member of staff and it's making me feel really anxious. I'm worried about my business partner, the staff and what's going to happen. I hate having to be a boss making hard decisions that affect people's lives. I'm rubbish because it makes me want to give up and run away. It all feels too hard but I need to earn money. I just want to cry and be told everything's alright. But everything isn't alright and as the business owner I have to be the strong one. But I don't feel strong. Something which is a passion of mine and I should enjoy is making me feel miserable. At the moment I feel I should walk away as I'm obviously not able to do this. But my other job is not secure and I don't really enjoy it in fact it also triggers my anxiety. Also when I don't feel as low as this I love my business

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now