Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Mirtazipine

(8 Posts)
Shakerlackerboomboom Sun 03-Jan-16 17:34:32

I've been on this for four years- I've put on five stone!
I've been coming down slowly and am now ready to wean off 5mg, I'm terrified of not sleeping again, do any of you have any tips please?

pnutter Mon 04-Jan-16 19:54:25

Oh god been prescribed this today ..sertraline has stopped working . I've put on 2 Stone already but was hoping that getting some sleep would help me lose weight as I tend to be up and eating at all hours .
Are you not being offered an alternative ?

Shakerlackerboomboom Tue 05-Jan-16 07:19:40

They won't change it for anything else, I'm on citalopram too. It's a really vicious circle.
My weight depresses me but I can't loose weight due to my depression drugs.

Without it I've averaged 3 hours sleep per night

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 05-Jan-16 07:35:10

I came off it a couple of months ago, and the lack of sleep has been horrendous. Was prescribed sleeping pills but they haven't helped. I'm going back to the GP today as I'm averaging about 4 hours a night & just can't function like this anymore.

Shakerlackerboomboom Tue 05-Jan-16 08:20:41

mygast I'm guessing your like me- wish you'd never started it!

MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 05-Jan-16 08:22:32

Well at the time it was necessary, but having put 2 stone on and now the sleeping problems it's tough.

Shakerlackerboomboom Thu 07-Jan-16 16:10:48

The insomnia isn't too bad now, I was expecting worse.

My main problem is that I am just not hungry. Normally I over eat terribly and crave carbohydrates but so far today I haven't eaten and I'm just not hungry

limon Wed 13-Jan-16 22:04:15

I've just been put on this in the last fortnight. It's helping my anxiety and sleeplessness it my appetite is definitely better. I need to keep an eye on this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now