Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

A rocky start on citalopram, then progress and now a bad day. Coping strategies?

(2 Posts)
youcankeepyourhead Tue 29-Dec-15 20:04:21

Hi,

I have been on citalopram for mainly depression and some extreme anxiety episdoes for about 3.5 weeks now.

Side effects were really bad at first but now getting somewhere and the last week has been good.

However, out of nowhere today I'm having a bad day....it's not as acute as usual, I think the citalopram has taken the edge off it but it's taken me by surprise. I think it's related to the fact that the In Laws are arriving tomorrow and I have to sort the house/put on a happy face etc.

Just wondered how you cope with the bad days when they come out of the blue?

PandaPop55 Fri 01-Jan-16 09:23:00

Just try to keep going and remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day and be as positive as you can that it will be better. I am on a different ad. When i first started i had a similar experience feeling a bit better then having a set back. I was told this was normal and that the bad days would become less and less often and less and less "bad" and that is exactly what happened. its not easy when yiu are there but just try to keep busy. Go a walk, listen to music, try to do things to distract you and pass the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now