Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

facebook

(13 Posts)
LovelyBath Mon 28-Dec-15 22:44:19

I just quit FB and feeling quite relieved. Might be a new years resolution to be free of it. I start feeling worried about others and it gets a bit overwhelming. Will be nice not to hear it all, but feel a bit guilty.

Tomboyinatutu Mon 28-Dec-15 22:55:54

I haven't used Facebook for over 3 years now and I don't intend to use it ever again. It's really not worth the hastle really

LovelyBath Mon 28-Dec-15 23:16:45

It can just cause more stress can't it.

dublingirl48653 Mon 28-Dec-15 23:17:47

yes it def can

deleted my account three years ago dont miss it at all

LovelyBath Mon 28-Dec-15 23:23:59

I find I don't miss 1. trying to find the words to say to support being with difficult posts (and the like button not being helpful) 2. Finding it hard to join in with the happy posts when not feeling up to it. 3. Feeling like I should be responding / keeping up with people. Whew

LovelyBath Mon 28-Dec-15 23:24:19

support people I meant

xmasseason Tue 29-Dec-15 01:29:46

There is no obligation to use FB so please don't feel guilty! Be kind to yourself.

TheCrazyDuchess Tue 29-Dec-15 01:31:40

Sometimes fb and mental health doesn't mix.

I am clinically depressed and when I feel shit FB is the last place I go....

VimFuego101 Tue 29-Dec-15 01:39:23

I prefer to stay away from fb when I'm having a tough time, I think you did the right thing.

limon Tue 29-Dec-15 08:50:13

fb is contributing to my anxiety so I've deleted it from my phone today.

ApologiesToInsectLife Tue 29-Dec-15 09:20:21

Another one here who's deactivated it. I'm starting to log back in and look at it once a day and I'm wondering if I should delete. I've got mildish depression and used to find fb light relief and fun (sometimes!) But had recently been feeling bitter and annoyed with it and people's shit false lives portrayed on there. Not sure whether I should delete the people who annoy me or just delete fb. I only have about 40 friends on there.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 29-Dec-15 09:41:47

I deleted my account 6 months ago!! Yeah!! Was really peed off with the crap in your face.
I miss the news and police threads selling groups kids stuff - so I have a different name set up with no friends on there.

LovelyBath Tue 29-Dec-15 16:10:13

That's an idea just to set up an account with no friends etc. Yes I agree with removing it from the phone, mine kept bleeping at me with messages etc. If it's elsewhere it's a bit easier to cut down on. My lady doing CBT with me said maybe try and limit it to twice a week, something like that to start with. I feel a sense of guilty freedom not to have it anymore

When you deactivate it it tries to guilt trip you by saying "So and so will miss you" haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now