Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Am I depressed or just a bit low

(4 Posts)
Dontknowatall Mon 28-Dec-15 20:32:03

Feeling miserable a lot of the time/teary
Tired
Can't sleep well (not worrying about things, just can't drop off and stay off)

Job OK, but busy
Family fine
DH house husband, bit worried about money,

So am I depressed or is this just a bit low? If I go to the gp will they medicate or try and get me to therapy? I hate group sessions type stuff...

xmasseason Tue 29-Dec-15 01:43:44

It sounds like a trip to the GP would be worthwhile. They might make suggestions of medication or therapy. If you tell them what you're comfortable with then they can find what suits you best.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Tue 29-Dec-15 04:31:55

My GP has a little questionnaire of mood symptoms... It is not very extensive but is a good indicator of depression as opposed to just feeling low. There are lots of similar self test sites on the web...

Depression is when feeling low becomes a long term feature rather than a couple of days. Do remember thwt the weathe does actually affect mood. The body reacts to change in partial pressures in the blood stream as a low presssure passes as well as there being a general lack of bright light. If you sre from oop norf... you have been having a very wet time even if you have avioded the floods.

Dontknowatall Tue 29-Dec-15 09:33:24

Thanks for the replies

I'm in the south uk

I'm still feeling low, but will see how it goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now