Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My heart is broken

(170 Posts)
Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 12:22:27

I just had to have my beloved cat Rita pts. Part of my heart has just died with her.

cozietoesie Mon 28-Dec-15 12:33:13

I'm so sorry.

How old was she?

Themodernuriahheep Mon 28-Dec-15 12:33:55

I'm so sorry for you.

She's happy now, you will have done the right thing, the last gift you could give her, but misery for you.

flowers

Orange1969 Mon 28-Dec-15 12:34:52

So sorry. She's gorgeous thanks

Vinorosso74 Mon 28-Dec-15 12:51:34

Sorry for your loss flowers. RIP Rita.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 28-Dec-15 12:53:34

aw she's gorgeous.

so sorry for your loss. sweet dreams Rita

flowers

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 13:17:55

I can't deal with this pain it is too much. I loved her more than anything in the world. I don't know how I will get through this

cozietoesie Mon 28-Dec-15 13:34:37

You will - we've mostly all had to, sadly.

Go and light a candle for her and sit with it thinking about her.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 28-Dec-15 13:37:42

you get through it by telling yourself you gave her a good life. and that you were a good owner. that even when it hurt you beyond words you cane through for her at the end when she needed you the most, and were able to spare her the pain and suffering she would have to have gone through.

she loved you. she was your best friend.it won't ever fully go away but eventually you can laugh at all the stupid things she did and smile at the memories you have

flowers

MsMims Mon 28-Dec-15 14:30:01

Oh Wibhay I'm so sorry. I commented on your other thread, you've done the kindest thing for her even though it is the hardest thing for you flowers

PolterGoose Mon 28-Dec-15 14:42:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Supermanspants Mon 28-Dec-15 14:44:54

Oh that is so sad. It is so so hard. I am going to be facing that soon with my boy. You will get through this but right now it doesn't feel that way. So sorry for your loss and am sending you a virtual hug xx

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 28-Dec-15 14:51:01

I'm so sorry. flowers. I know exactly what it's like, we all do here. Of course you are heartbroken, you loved her with all your heart. Don't listen to anyone who wouldn't understand what it is to love a cat. The grief is real. But it will fade from being right in front of you all the time like it is now.

RoosterCogburn Mon 28-Dec-15 15:04:11

You poor thing.
What a lucky girl she was to have you.

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 15:28:57

I can't stop crying I miss her so much sad

timtam23 Mon 28-Dec-15 15:36:03

I am so sorry Wibhay. RIP Rita. You made a kind and very brave decision for her, it is the hardest decision for any pet owner flowers it is OK to cry and feel devastated, they leave a cat-shaped hole in our lives when they go don't they sad

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 15:39:49

I just don't know how I will ever get over this. I have no children and I loved her like she was my own. I don't want any more pets ever as I can't take this heart ache. I'm supposed to be at work tomorrow but don't think I can face it

goldglittershitter Mon 28-Dec-15 15:45:46

So sorry, OP flowers . R.I.P beautiful Rita x

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 15:57:49

I love you so much Rita

iloveeverykindofcat Mon 28-Dec-15 16:02:23

Take the day off if at all possible. After my last cat Sammy was pts I was useless for a week.

Supermanspants Mon 28-Dec-15 16:13:25

Such a lovely picture Wib
What a beautiful girl. Take tomorrow off but I know when I lost one of mine going into work actually helped a bit. See how you feel in the morning.

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 16:21:30

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm a firefighter and just don't think I'll be able to concentrate and that's not fair in the people who I work with

Wibhay Mon 28-Dec-15 16:24:02

She was my baby and she only had 3 legs but she never complained xxx

CastleFestive Mon 28-Dec-15 16:43:09

I am so sorry sad flowers

Mincepies76 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:00:29

So sorry for your loss. It will become easier and less acute. Try and be gentle on yourself. Saying goodbye to your cat and missing her is without doubt very sad and difficult but I bet you wouldn't have missed those years with her for anything X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now