Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I want to end it all

(6 Posts)
Elfishpresley Sat 26-Dec-15 13:41:26

I am a lousy mum, my son would be much better off without me in his life. I am no role model.

I am sad and lonely. No friends or family.

I can't talk to anyone as they just get angry at me.

I am pregnant again and cannot bring another child into this mess.

I honestly truly believe that everyone would be better off without me, all I do and have ever done is make people's lives difficult. My DP has been brilliant but this is getting too much for him and he has left for the day/night with our son.

Now is the time to do this.

I'm sorry if this make so sense to anyone, I need to get my feelings out.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 26-Dec-15 14:45:57

Hello Elfishpresley - we are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

We hope you don't mind, but when these threads are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources - here. You can also go to the Samaritans' website here, or email them on jo@samaritans.org. Support from other Mumsnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other MNers will tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

We also like to remind everyone that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

We are going to move this thread to the Mental Health section shortly.

Wishing you all the best Elfish flowers

Pipistrella Sat 26-Dec-15 14:49:31

Hi Elfish

have you had a row or are you just really depressed and feel like he can't cope with you?

waitingforsomething Sat 26-Dec-15 14:53:25

I am sorry you feel so awful elf. No child is better off without a mum who loves them- he would definitely be devastated without you.
Imo you should try the Samaritans as suggested above and perhaps try your gp as you're obviously in a bad place.

Elfishpresley Sat 26-Dec-15 15:02:26

No row, I just can't go on like this.

I can already see the damage that I am causing my son

Pipistrella Sat 26-Dec-15 15:07:06

I understand how you feel (actually I do, I'm not just saying that).

Do you want to tell us a bit more?

chances are it's all just got too much and if you break it down into individual issues, it might just be dealable with after all.

worth a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now