Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Coping after hospital...getting back to life

(7 Posts)
Neverletmego27 Mon 21-Dec-15 16:23:16

I have recently been in hospital after several suicde attempts. I am under home treatment, I am doing an MA which I'm keen to pick up and hand in my assignments (I've got extensions from uni, they are well aware of the situation). I've aso got an 8 year old dd, single mum.

I'm feeling a bit fragile. Any advice/ support/ a kick up the backside to get my assesments done please ?

I came out of hospital today.

FredaMayor Mon 21-Dec-15 16:41:56

Make use of your personal tutor, and of what your uni has to offer in terms of academic support. It will take you a while to get back into things, so whilst getting yourself organised you should also go easy on yourself during the process. Getting assessments in on time, especially with a DC means setting aside research and essay time and sticking with it, as you know. Are you going full or part time?

Neverletmego27 Mon 21-Dec-15 17:46:59

I'm full time, one semester in already,. Was ill for most of it.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Mon 21-Dec-15 23:22:38

What are you reading?....

apart from MN?

Neverletmego27 Tue 22-Dec-15 06:27:27

Creative writing

ProfessorPreciseaBug Tue 22-Dec-15 08:35:59

It may be a bit of a cliché... but why not use your experience and thoughts as part of your writing...

Something is going on deep inside to want to hurt yourself.. But you have shown the wisdom to see something is no t normal and go to seek medical help.

When the writing gets difficult... do something where you can suceed... like tidying the house. And trewt yourself to tasty food...

Neverletmego27 Tue 22-Dec-15 10:20:23

Tasty food I can do- not sure I want to tidy the house though ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now