Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Prozac/Fluoxetine and tiredness

(7 Posts)
NurseJackie Mon 21-Dec-15 15:48:30

Hi I started Prozac two weeks ago. I had to take the first few days off as I felt like a zombie - really spaced out, absolutely exhausted, couldn't think clearly. It's improved but I'm still very tired in the afternoons. I have ME as well and it's making me feel more fatigued than usual. I'm keen to keep going with it though as I was experiencing really bad anxiety/panic attacks which was the reason for starting it and I don't want to go back to feeling like that. I have a week off work so hoping that over the xmas holidays I will start to pick up.
Does anyone else have experience of this?
Thanks

QueenStromba Mon 21-Dec-15 17:40:26

I felt terrible on prozac. I went back to the GP and he gave me citalopram instead which worked much better for me.

NurseJackie Mon 21-Dec-15 19:54:45

Thanks QueenStromba. I went onto the prozac as it worked for me a few years back. I just didn't remember having this level of fatigue. I'm only on 10mgs as well..

Wishtherewasawayout Mon 21-Dec-15 23:18:35

Hi I started with this 10 days ago and feel a bit spaced out. It's as if my body feels completely numb and even though I was to cry nothing is happening. I can't sleep much either.

NurseJackie Tue 22-Dec-15 09:14:26

Hi Wishtherewasawayout I felt a bit spaced out the first few days and my sleep was broken. I reduced the dose to 10mgs for that reason. These symptoms have eased off it's just the level of fatigue now. Do you take it in the morning? I'm going to try taking it at lunchtime today to see if that helps.

Wishtherewasawayout Tue 22-Dec-15 09:31:11

Hi nursejackie I've been taking them in the afternoon (only time I seem to remember) but I shall try this morning instead and see if I makes a difference. I keep waking in the middle of the night so I'm very tired. I've woken up feeling really low today.

NurseJackie Tue 22-Dec-15 14:18:56

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully over the next few days you will pick up. I've just realised its my time of the month so that was possibly adding to the fatigue. Hope taking it earlier in the day helps with your sleep pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now