Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Hitting the wall?

(2 Posts)
notimeforthis Thu 17-Dec-15 12:18:34

I've NCd as I'm about to overshare.

Responsible stressful job very tough at the moment. Really hitting an all time high stresswise.
A houseful of DCs/SDCs incl teen DD with depression, considering trans, CAHMS involved. Completely failing GCSEs from initial position of good grades and preteen DD with rages, not yet worked out to what they are associated but we are on tenterhooks as long as she is awake. her sister's only pleasure is to wind her up. Other Dcs have issues but all on an even keel more or less.
Central heating boiler has blown up this week.
Conservatory is subsiding: need to contact insurers but haven't actually found a minute.
I find myself overcommitted with youth organisation and local charity responsibilities. With the issues at work and the boiler and Christmas I seem to have hit some kind of wall.
I am in my office at work right now crying.WE were putting up Christmas decs last night and the two Dds mentioned above made it in to a massive argument such that 2 of the other Dcs and DH all went to bed early. Woke up this morning and realised that in order to accommodate heating engineer I need to miss Youth organisation party tonight, which means I had to get everything prepared this morning to drop to a colleague's house so that they can do it instead.
I had a cone biopsy three weeks ago (outcome positive - though I had a scare) but no sex for a while. DH and I drinking wine and going to bed too late anyway.
The house is starting to look like a hoarder's: boxes of Christmas stuff, hobby stuff, DC's extracurricular kit and toys everywhere.
In short, professionally, personally, family and community : all is dreadful. I just can't seem to stop crying. Everything is shit. if I didn't feel so responsible for everyone else I would run away.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Fri 18-Dec-15 08:08:19

This is the worst time of year...
Short days and low light makes everything more difficult. It can affect everyone making the whole household irritable and likely to blow off the handle...

On top of that is the pressure for a "perfect" christmas.. and end of year pressure to get things done at work before "christmas".

Personally, I hate this time of year...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now