Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any bipolar people on Latuda?

(10 Posts)
thedevilinmyshoes Wed 16-Dec-15 16:55:53

Interested to know whether you like it, either with or instead of lithium.

thedevilinmyshoes Fri 18-Dec-15 10:37:59

bumping

would really like to know if people are happy on it and not gaining weight or being even slightly manic, as might be starting it soon

dontrunwithscissors Fri 18-Dec-15 15:28:16

I'm not--I asked my pdoc about it this week and he just changed the subject.

However, I know of 2 people who have tried it. One said that it didn't do anything--no side effects, but no benefit. She's in Switzerland. The other person has made a remarkable recovery on it with no side effects. She's is in the UK, but has a possible schizoaffective disorder diagnosis so it maybe why she was able to get it.

I know it's been licensed for bipolar depression in the USA. (There were wall-to-wall adverts for it when I was out there in October). From what I can see, I think that they're currently trying to get a license in the UK. I will try to find the link.

thedevilinmyshoes Fri 18-Dec-15 15:49:43

thanks for replying! I think it's been approved here for a year or so, it's only the lack of real anti-manic efficacy that worries me but I suppose I won't know unless I try!

thedevilinmyshoes Fri 18-Dec-15 19:29:17

were you hoping to add it to your existing meds or change from another antipsychotic to it?

thedevilinmyshoes Sun 27-Dec-15 14:38:18

going through it alone 😒

Millie2013 Sun 27-Dec-15 17:30:36

Hugs, you're not alone flowers

thedevilinmyshoes Sun 27-Dec-15 20:21:28

😘

brightandbreezyNot Sun 27-Dec-15 23:50:46

Ditto what Millie says. smile

thedevilinmyshoes Mon 28-Dec-15 01:40:19

thanks bright 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now