Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

day 2 of upping citalopram and feel terrible

(7 Posts)
jellyjiggles Wed 16-Dec-15 11:37:07

How long do I put up with this? It's horrendous panic, anxiety etc

differentkindofpenguin Wed 16-Dec-15 12:51:55

Few days to two weeks, at least it was for me. I found citalopram dose changes very tough, hang in there, it gets easier.

Maybe a different AD would be better?

brewthankscake

jellyjiggles Wed 16-Dec-15 12:57:04

Thank you! I've not been this bad for a long time. It's bloody awful. I feel like I'm going nuts. Want someone to wake me up in a few weeks when it's over.

Varya Wed 16-Dec-15 12:57:39

Allow some time, or talk to your GP.

differentkindofpenguin Wed 16-Dec-15 14:59:39

It's not nice. I landed myself in a&e with an overdose because of that, long time ago!

Feel free to pm me if you need to talk

jellyjiggles Wed 16-Dec-15 19:49:27

Its horrible but I need to get through it as I need the help of the drugs to get better. I've called my doctors who've been fantastic, really supportive and listened. They helped me decide that very low dose diazepam for very short term would be OK. I daren't take it but I know if things get as bad as they did today I'll have to!

Depression and anxiety are such cruel illnesses to have.

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:09:22

I felt like I was losing my mind on that drug - had to switch to something else.

Don't suffer too long - see your GP if it doesn't settle down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now