Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How to get through the next 2 weeks?

(3 Posts)
willowcatkin111 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:08:09

Christmas is always a stressful time but worse this year as family 'expect' me to spend it with my (narcissistic) mother. Have not spoken to her for over 8 months, why do they think I can start now?!
Really worried that things will get too much and I will end up back at A&E; have just rebooked a trip for me and dsaid on boxing day that we missed 2 months ago as I was in hospital so am desperate to get there this time...

queenofthepirates Sat 12-Dec-15 23:19:37

If you're worried about how you'll cope, what would happen if you don't go to see her?

willowcatkin111 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:41:39

Not going is not an option sad. The dcs have arranged for her to come to our house for xmas morning then they are cooking Xmas dinner at hers and I am expected to join in. Both will be very disappointed if I do not 'play along' as they put it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now