Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can tablets help when it's emotional

(9 Posts)
Goingtobeawesome Thu 10-Dec-15 20:50:00

Rather than clinical?

Goingtobeawesome Fri 11-Dec-15 12:31:12

Anyone? I'm alone here and just want some advice.

Marchate Fri 11-Dec-15 14:03:34

Maybe they can help while you are facing the emotional troubles?

Goingtobeawesome Fri 11-Dec-15 14:21:16

Thank you. I will see if I am able to see a doctor on Monday.

Marchate Fri 11-Dec-15 14:24:33

If your GP practice has several doctors, try to see one you feel comfortable talking to. I find some GPs best for physical pain, different ones for emotional.

KanyeWesticle Fri 11-Dec-15 14:41:37

In my experience yes, the emotions are "dulled" enough to get on. I don't think medically we know enough about the chemicals and connections that constitute emotion, so I don't know why, but they do seem to work.

Goingtobeawesome Fri 11-Dec-15 14:41:53

I am just so sad. What is upsetting me has been there for a long time but comes and goes. I'm just feeling tired and wish I could run away.

Arcadia Sat 12-Dec-15 08:30:36

There is obviously a connection between emotions and mental state, so I would say yes. When I went to the gp for ADs I just sat and cried. I found they helped with the tearfulness and after a year I was able to step them down then come off after another year. I have been drug free since March and have just done a mindfulness meditation course which seems to be helping.

Goingtobeawesome Sat 12-Dec-15 15:26:09

I am glad you are feeling better, Arcadia.

I feel lost. No one can make it better and I can't stop the pain. I'm weak as there must be a way to change things. I just feel I don't have five minutes for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now