Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety attack

(4 Posts)
Pancake2015 Mon 07-Dec-15 10:50:29

Im freaking right out over my clothes! I have changed my trousers 7 times now and im back to the ones i wear all of the time. I just cant do the change. So im freaking out about how people always see me in the same pairs of trousers (i alternate between a couple) and then my fucking jumper. It feels too short. Its supposed to be that way. I feel like a mess. Im wearing shoes im not comfortable in because of comments over other peoples shoe wear at work!
Ive got no propranolol left so my anxiety symptoms of sweating are happening and im freaking out over the fact i might be stinking by the time i get there. If im not...i will feel and worry that i am anyway! For fuck sake. I cannot do this

moopymoodle Mon 07-Dec-15 21:51:46

You have to first not judge yourself for being anxious and secondly begin to change your thought patterns. So maybe slowly over time you can learn to not care about what others think of your clothes. I see people wearing all sorts of strange, or fashionable clothes but I don't really give it a second thought. Over time you will naturally stop worrying

Pancake2015 Tue 08-Dec-15 17:01:09

I also see people wearing strange things, fanshionable things, very odd things - i dont think twice about it, and i certainly dont judge them as a person for it. I know i am irrational, but knowing this and trying to change this doesnt seem to do much

moopymoodle Tue 08-Dec-15 18:02:27

I may be wrong here but does it sort of feel like your worried about why your anxious about things, say your clothing? Like you can't get it right in your head so you can relax and feel calm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now