Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Increase Sertraline

(8 Posts)
cleowasmycat Sun 06-Dec-15 21:33:54

Hi, I've been taking 50mg of Sertraline for just over two weeks. The doc said to increase to 100 mg if I thought I wasn't 'lifting' enough on 50mg. How much does everyone wake take?
Thanks.

cymrukernow Sun 06-Dec-15 22:50:01

I started on 50mg for 4 weeks, had terrible side effects that wore off slowly. Was still quite down so doc has upped to 100mg. Only 3 days in and starting to feel better.
Everyone's different though, do you have a good GP ? I was also referred to a psychiatrist who recommended the higher dose.

cleowasmycat Sun 06-Dec-15 23:32:53

GP is very good some days and a bit rushed and vague on other days. I've been referred to a psychiatrist and am waiting for an appointment. I was on Citalopram for several years but after several bad depressive episodes in the last year the GP has decided a change may be best. I think I'll go up to 100mg and see how I feel.

cymrukernow Mon 07-Dec-15 14:03:24

My psychiatrist was very good as he was able to see the "big picture" and summarise a plan going forward. I found it useful to write questions down before I went, as my few functioning brain cells have a habit of letting me down.
This is my 4th day on 100, feeling quite spaced out today confused

cleowasmycat Mon 07-Dec-15 16:15:22

Increasing to 100mg tomorrow so will see how it goes and let you know!

cymrukernow Tue 08-Dec-15 07:36:46

Hi Cleo I am feeling more anxious on 100 but I think it may be the increased dose kicking in. How are you getting on? X

cleowasmycat Tue 08-Dec-15 21:45:43

Don't feel much different today tbh. Quite awake though and I've taken a nytol.

cleowasmycat Wed 09-Dec-15 15:28:27

How you getting on Cymru?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now