Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

No one seems to want to listen

(9 Posts)
TabithaTwitchEye Fri 04-Dec-15 23:29:50

I've tried here on relationships, I've tried friends. I told DH last night and his reaction was to stay out (to be fair her was out on a Christmas do) til 5am.

I have just started with an amazing therapist. Saw her yesterday. 6 days is a long time not to talk to anyone.

daisydalrymple Fri 04-Dec-15 23:34:27

What do you need to talk about?

TabithaTwitchEye Fri 04-Dec-15 23:41:15

I've decided to reopen the case relating to the abuse I experienced a a kid. He was a teacher; assume he still is,

It's been a massive, massive deal for me to to do this. I am so terrified, but cannot handle the guilt of not taking it further. I have no one to talk to. Am feeling like reopening the case was a fuckingmassive mistake. It's only me that's going to be hurt. Again.

daisydalrymple Sat 05-Dec-15 00:03:45

I'm sorry you are hurting. Try calling your therapist on Monday and see if there is any additional help? (If it's nhs funded perhaps you could access out of hours over the weekend, who may be able to put you in touch with support?)

Perhaps writing down your feelings would be a small help in the meantime. I hope you find peace.

BubsandMoo Sat 05-Dec-15 00:15:55

Samaritans are there to listen, for anyone going through emotional distress. You can phone, text or email them 24/7 and they will listen without judgement and provide emotional support.

Also there is a charity called NAPAC that might be able to help napac.org.uk they have a helpline and support survivors of childhood abuse.

flowers

peartatty Sat 05-Dec-15 20:08:53

Samaritans number is 116123. Waiting between therapy appointments is really hard. :flowers:

daisydalrymple Sat 05-Dec-15 21:42:30

I hope you've had a better day today tabitha

Ikeatears Thu 10-Dec-15 22:28:17

Tanisha, I also reported a teacher for the inappropriate relationship we had. Well, my friend drunkenly told one of his colleagues in the pub and the police came to see me. I agreed to talk because the police and the head (still the same one as when I was at school) told me that there had been other instances over the years where they had been 'concerned' but had no evidence.
It was about 18 years since it had happened but I had kept cards/gifts etc. So I could prove certain things.
He wasn't prosecuted in the end because he waited until I was 16 (y11) to actually act on anything and the laws were different back then. Now he could be prosecuted because he was in a position of trust.
He did however, lose his job (he resigned in the end) and I actually felt guilty!
I had awful panic attacks at the time and lived in fear of seeing him (he lives locally).
It was hard at the time but I'm glad I did it. He was at fault, not me. You are doing the right thing.

Ikeatears Thu 10-Dec-15 22:29:08

*sorry Tabitha not Tanisha - stupid autocorrect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now