Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Propranolol

(8 Posts)
Racmactac Fri 04-Dec-15 19:49:51

Just been prescribed this for panic attacks, anyone else take them?
Do they help?

Wolpertinger Fri 04-Dec-15 19:52:11

I really liked them. I still got anxious but my heart didn't race, my hands didn't shake and without all the physical stuff going on, the mental stuff was a lot easier to deal with.

Sadly I've got asthma now and can't have them any more - but they were very helpful.

gingerboy1912 Fri 04-Dec-15 19:55:40

Been on them for 6 years for migraines and later on anxiety they work fine. make me hungry though which has lead to weight gain. Give them a go and see how you get on. Good luck

hefzi Fri 04-Dec-15 22:33:41

They are really good for zapping the physical effects of a panic attack.

Arcadia Fri 04-Dec-15 22:34:48

I have found them quite good for stressful situations no side effects, not sedating so no drowsiness, give them a go.

SirChenjin Fri 04-Dec-15 22:34:50

Wonderful things. Stop the awful physical feelings of anxiety without making you zombified - I can highly recommend.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 04-Dec-15 22:37:09

I have them for occasional bad panic attacks. Marvellous things.

PersonalClown Fri 04-Dec-15 22:49:51

I'm on them for migraines but My God are they awesome. My anxiety and depression are at an all time low.

I still think some anxious stuff but they stop me for having the physical symptoms and I don't obsess so much anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now