Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Ds 21 always utterly destroyed by relationship break ups.

(4 Posts)
Orangeanddemons Thu 03-Dec-15 09:45:53

He saw some girl when he was 15. When it broke up he was beside himself and couldn't eat for about 4weeks. Then last year he broke up with his long term gf. Devastated for 4 weeks, unable to function.

Now he has bust up with his latest. He's ding an MA but can't focus on it. He doesn't want to get out of bed. Everything is sliding again. Is this normal or not?

Utterlyclueless Thu 03-Dec-15 09:48:39

I wouldn't say it's 'normal' but it's not completely abnormal either.

How is he when he isn't having issues with relationships mood wise?

Relationships can be really hard on people especially when they break down and I think some males are worse as they don't tend to talk about their feelings.

If you're really concerned you can go with him to a GP and talk about your concerns and see if he may need a low dose medication eg citalopram but he might snap out of it (hopefully)

Orangeanddemons Thu 03-Dec-15 09:53:22

When he's not having problems he's fine.

BUT,Mathis how I used to be when relationships ended. I took them very very hard, and always ended up depressed. I didn't want to pass my problems to him, and have always concealed it from him. We're going to the docs this morning.

moopymoodle Mon 07-Dec-15 21:57:17

He's grieving a relationship. I wouldn't say he has mental illness but maybe a bit of therapy to help him cope better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now