Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

can't cope....I just feel so unlucky

(3 Posts)
Neverletmego27 Sun 29-Nov-15 23:36:24

Life just seems like one load of bad luck after another. I'm a single mum , one dd. In the past two years, I've become ill (depression mainly) , dds dad died (my ex at the time) been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, three suicide attempts. Finally get myself on an even keel and on different meds, start my masters and then I get ill again, New meds make me sick as a dog, doing ok despite everything, then I trip and break my foot. I'm on crutches. Know it's trivial but I'm at the end of my tether and sick. I've got assignments looming, worry because I've missed time, am still sick, it's Xmas coming and I'm in tons of debt and can't afford anything for dd and I just want to disappear sad throughouly Fed up. Anyone else feel their illness is just the tip of a very big iceberg some days?

hefzi Mon 30-Nov-15 20:13:46

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, never: the most important thing with regard to your masters is to keep your lecturers in touch - there will be processes in place, and speaking to someone will mean there's one less thing weighing you down (I know how hard it is, btw - I'm not minimising that, but honestly, once you've dealt with it you'll feel so much better).

As for the rest- you poor old sausage. It's horrible being on crutches - you feel so helpless, and even if you're not ill already, it's seriously lowering: do you have some good people around you to help? If not, worth speaking to your GP and seeing whether there's any kind of commnuity service in your area. As for DD and Christmas- have you had a look on Freecycle? I don't know how old she is, but if she's small enough, Christmas won't matter to her: if she's old enough to know, but not to know about the situation at home, how about a bit of a pound shop raid? Young kids love sparkly plasticky stuff much more than hand-crafted artisanal toys :-) And if she's older: it's fine to say that Christmas this year is going to be cheap and cheerful - why not pop onto the Christmas threads? There's a lot of advice about free/cheap Christmas.

Hang in there, anyway - it will get better, even though you don't feel it will atm.

Neverletmego27 Mon 30-Nov-15 20:58:22

Dd is 8. I promised her a new snuggly blanket, so we shall see. I have some decent friends, yes. I'm in pretty much constant pain with my broken foot, but doing a lot more. With the masters, my tutors are being very supportive. I've been quite sick today as my painkillers reacted with my meds. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now